“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Benjamin Franklin coined that phrase in the 1730s, and it’s one that we heartily endorse at Vanguard Dental Group in Derry NH. Like all timeless quotes, it applies to many aspects of modern life, like dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some of the most important guidelines are highlighted here.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
2. Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard whenever you are engaged in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged. This includes many Manchester recreation league and school sponsored sports.
4. Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
5. Avoid piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a dangerous fashion should avoid.
6. Stay away from snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
At Vanguard Dental Group in Derry NH, helping our patients establish good dental health is important. So is helping them get the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry. We also provide urgent dental care. Make an appointment today.
Contact Vanguard Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):