Find Your Children’s Dentist in Derry, NH
Here at Vanguard Dental Group, we’re excited to provide dental care for everyone in your family. This includes giving excellent early dental care to your child at our Derry, NH, practice near Manchester, NH. Children should begin visiting when they are a year old—or when their first teeth are completely erupted—and should continue to come in for routine checkups every six months. A dentist for kids helps children prevent tooth decay and learn how to take care of their teeth and avoid cavities.
Vanguard Dental Group is a great place for young and old children alike. We’ll provide excellent general dental care and teach your children the best oral hygiene techniques in a fun and engaging manner. We will work with your children to help them understand the importance of healthy teeth and we’ll also develop long-term plans for your child’s health. Your child will be able to forge relationships with our doctors that could last a lifetime.
Children’s Dentistry Services:
- Early Dental Care: Starting dental care early when a child is as little as one year old can prevent future teeth problems. The younger a child starts, the earlier they get to know their children’s dentist, and the more comfortable they will be with future visits to their dentist’s office.
- Kids Orthodontics: If you have any questions about our braces for children or any of our orthodontic procedures, you can call our Derry, NH, office or schedule an appointment to talk about braces for kids today.
- Dental Health for Kids: A dentist for kids knows that prevention is the key to a healthy mouth. Our dentists will teach their patients how to best take care of their teeth and prevent tooth decay and cavities.
- Sedation Dentistry for Kids: We want all our patients to be at their most comfortable—especially your nervous young ones. Under some circumstances, a dentist for kids can administer laughing gas to help soothe dental anxiety and make a visit as relaxing as possible.
Early Children’s Dental Care in Derry, NH
Tooth decay can start in baby teeth the moment the teeth start to appear in your child’s mouth. Preventing tooth decay in baby teeth can prevent tooth decay in permanent teeth.
Vanguard Dental Group in Derry, NH, near Salem, NH, starts offering appointments to young children once they have a good set of baby teeth. Your children’s dental center will help your child grow stronger, healthier, permanent teeth. Children who learn to take care of their baby teeth develop good habits that will aid them for the rest of their lives.
Benefits of Early Family Dental Care
- The earlier your child starts coming into the dentist for family dental care, the sooner your dentist can provide vital family dental care with fluoride treatments and check ups for your child’s baby teeth.
- Parents who bring their children in early for family dental care can learn how to best take care of their child’s teeth at home.
- The earlier your child starts coming to the dentist for family dental care, the sooner they can start to establish a relationship with the staff, and the sooner your dentist can start getting to know your child so that he can best tailor his treatment to your child’s needs.
- When children start visiting their family dental care facility earlier they will feel more comfortable with dental visits.
- Children who receive early family dental care get a jumpstart on cleanings, and the dentist can provide dental sealings if they are right for your child.
- The sooner a child comes into their children’s dental center, the sooner the dentist can check for problems like thumb or finger sucking and plan accordingly.
- Children who visit their children’s dental center early can develop good habits and learn how to best care for both their baby teeth, and their permanent teeth.
Kids Orthodontics in Derry, NH
When your child’s permanent teeth grow in, they do not always grow in straight. Crooked teeth can lead to permanent discomfort, an inability to properly chew, diction issues, and other problems. At Vanguard Dental Group, our team is committed to making sure your child develops a healthy and proper bite. We offer early intervention orthodontics to help straighten your child’s teeth.
Every patient is different. At Vanguard Dental Group near Manchester, NH, and Londonderry, NH, we find the option that will get them the very best smile, whether that’s braces for children, or ClearCorrect for teens.
At our practice we offer:
Early Intervention Orthodontics:
We can provide younger children with retainers that will help their teeth grow in straight, no braces for children necessary. With early intervention orthodontics we can prevent a problem before it even starts, saving you time and money.
Braces for Kids:
If your child’s teeth have come in crooked, and it’s affecting their bite and lifestyle, they may need our braces for kids. Our braces for children allow our child patients to grow into a beautiful, healthy, straight smile that will serve them for the rest of their lives. Our braces for kids are individually tailored to suit your child’s needs. Braces for children are an excellent orthodontics choice for any parent who is concerned about their child’s smile.
If your teenager wants straight teeth, but doesn’t like the appearance of metal braces, at Vanguard Dental Group our orthodontics specialists offer clear correct braces. These plastic clear trays will straighten your son or daughter’s teeth without affecting their teeth’s appearance. The clear correct braces for kids are completely comfortable and invisible.
The options available here at Vanguard Dental Group make it easier than ever for children to develop straight, healthy teeth, no matter how old your child is or what their specific teeth-related desires are. If your child is developing crooked teeth. We want your child to have the best possible bite and the best possible health.
Dental Sedation for Children in Derry, NH
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Dental sedation allows patients who normally suffer from dental anxiety to be more relaxed during their visit. Sedation dentistry provides relief and comfort for patients who might feel tense or anxious about their appointment. Children who have trouble going to the dentist can feel comfortable and relaxed during visits at our Derry, NH, practice. Your sedation dentist, can make a visit stress-free and more enjoyable for both you and your child.
How Dental Sedation Works
When you arrive at the family dentist office near Manchester, NH, and Londonderry, NH, your child’s sedation dentist will administer laughing gas before a procedure. This gas will help your child feel calm and relaxed during their appointment. Sedation dentistry helps ease your child’s tension, and help them feel better even when they are getting cavities filled. The effects of laughing gas dental sedation wear off after the visit is over and leave the patient with an even more positive memory of their experience.
Some Benefits of Dental Sedation:
- Children who normally struggle during visits to their family dentist feel relaxed and at ease.
- Children are more comfortable while dental work is being done.
- Children feel less stress about visiting their family dentist.
- Children who suffer from dental anxiety that are given dental sedation feel like their needs are being listened to.
- Sedation dentistry allows your child’s family dentist to accomplish more in one appointment. It saves time.
- It gives your family dentist an opportunity to show how much he cares about your comfort and well-being.
Children’s Dentistry Frequently Asked Questions
Your children’s dentist will make sure that your child’s smile is healthy and beautiful, and that your child has a fun, enjoyable, comfortable experience at each visit to our dentistry office.
Call our office for an appointment today if you are in the Derry, NH area, including Manchester, NH, and Londonderry, NH.