Dental Bonding for Teeth in Derry, NH
Not every cosmetic issue requires a complicated solution. Vanguard Dental Group is excited to offer dental bonding as an excellent restoration option for your smile.
If you suffer from cracks, gaps, or chipped teeth, dental bonding may be the solution you’re looking for.
What Can Teeth Bonding Be Used For?
This is an excellent way to repair minor issues in your teeth, including:
- Chipped Teeth | Chipped teeth are often inconvenient. They can affect your ability to bite effectively, and completely change your smile. Teeth bonding is an effective way to safely and simply fix chipped teeth by reshaping the edges with resin.
- Cracked Teeth | Cracks in your teeth will still need to be repaired, even if they are very minor. Teeth bonding is a great way to do this. The resin can easily be shaped to fill the crack, protecting the inner tissues of your tooth without the need for a full crown.
- Minor Gaps | Not all gaps are severe enough that full orthodontia is necessary. That’s where teeth bonding comes in. With this moldable resin, the edges of your teeth can be slightly reshaped to fill any awkward gaps you may have.
Dental bonding is not made for replacing missing teeth or restoring major damage. However, its simplicity is exactly what makes it an ideal choice for the small tooth repairs listed above.
Problems Caused By Chipped Teeth
Chipped teeth are a liability for patients in both form and function. They make most people self-conscious, which in turn causes patients to resist the urge to speak, laugh, or smile in social settings. This response is actually somewhat justified given that others may perceive you less favorably if you have chipped teeth, particularly in a professional setting.
In terms of oral health and function, a chip can destabilize your teeth make them and susceptible to additional fractures. The risk of tooth sensitivity to pressure and hot or cold temperatures is amplified as well.
How Does Dental Bonding Work?
The process of dental bonding is quite straightforward.
- We mix a composite resin material to match your tooth color.
- We use the resin to fill in the space in question.
- We shape the resin to perfectly fit your smile.
- We harden the resin.
- We trim and polish the shaped resin until it looks, feels, and acts like your natural teeth.
The teeth bonding process can be done in just one appointment and gives you strong, beautiful, and effective results.
Talk To Our Office About Dental Bonding Options
If you have minor tooth damage, such as chipped teeth or a problematic gap, then dental bonding may be the right choice for you. Talk to us today about scheduling an appointment at our Derry dentist’s office near Manchester, NH, and Londonderry, NH. We’ll be happy to go over any questions you have!