Do you have a missing tooth? Have you been
researching your options for replacing it? At Vanguard Dental Group in Derry NH, we can help with dental implants.
For a missing tooth, there are two basic options available: a dental bridge or an implant.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations of men and women. However, they have some downsides:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem – that is, the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- A dental bridge does not protect against bone recession at the extraction site.
Why does a dental implant have key advantages over a dental bridge?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will diminish the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- They typically last longer.
- Dental implants can support a denture or partial denture.
Dental implants have been hailed as one of the greatest advancments in the field. To find out more, call us at Vanguard Dental Group in Derry NH. We also provide pediatric dentistry. Schedule an appointment today.
Contact Vanguard Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):