By taking good care of your teeth they can last you a lifetime. That’s a goal worth working toward! It all comes down to your daily dental health routine, and checkups at Vanguard Dental Group in Derry NH.
In this blog post we offer five tips for maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
- Brush and Floss Daily: As a rule of thumb, we recommend brushing twice a day and flossing once. If you want to brush three times and floss twice, so much the better!
- Brush Properly: You know what they say; if you’re going to do something, do it right! Proper brushing means using a soft-bristled tooth brush to get the inner and outer parts of the tooth, the chewing surfaces, and along the gum line. Brush for at least two minutes, and don’t forget your tongue!
- Don’t Go to Bed Without Brushing: Plaque is that filmy stuff that constantly builds up on teeth. It is the main cause of tooth decay. When you brush before turning in for the night you get rid of the plaque that has accumulated.
- Limit Sugary and Acidic Foods: Sugary consumables like fruits, teas, and coffee can erode enamel, since sugar converts into acid. You don’t have to avoid them entirely, but minimizing intake is a really good idea.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Drinking enough water leads to good hydration, of course. But water can also help wash out sticky and acidic food debris left on teeth after eating.
Another big part of the equation? Regular checkups at Vanguard Dental Group in Derry NH. We offer complete family dentistry. Patients throughout Londonderry, Salem, and Chester also come to us for cosmetic dentistry and dental implants. Contact us today!
Contact Vanguard Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):