When people get mouth sores, one of the things they can do while waiting for it to heal is evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. Here are some tips from Vanguard Dental Group in Derry NH that can help minimize the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
- Eat Soft or Pureed Foods: Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food. Plenty of adult dishes fit the bill. Yogurt, mashed potatoes, and smoothies are good choices.
- Keep Your Meals Bland: It might make for boring eats, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty, or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
- Keep It Cool: Only eat meals served at room temperature or chilled.
- Use A Straw: This way, whatever you are drinking can avoid contact with the mouth sore altogether.
- Moisten Dry Foods: You can add sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
At Vanguard Dental Group in Derry NH, our specialty is dental health. We offer complete family and restorative dentistry. People from Londonderry, Salem, and Chester also come to our practice for cosmetic options. Contact us today!